We believe it is crucial for all staff members to be given on-going, job-embedded professional development and for all community stakeholders to have opportunities to share in the process of defining and delivering services for supporting students identified as advanced learners.
- Build capacity to advocate for our advanced learners through collaborative relationships between the community, schools, and families.
- Ensure programming for underachieving or twice exceptional advanced or gifted learners.
- Systematically identify – using multiple measures and resources – individual students for advanced learner programming in the five talent areas.
- Develop a Differentiated Education Plan (DEP) when appropriate for identified students, through a collaborative team process. Each plan will be reviewed annually and progress will be monitored.
- Conduct an annual program evaluation at the district level.
- Have meaningful curriculum for students identified as advanced learners, which will be respectful of identified areas of ability and interest and include purposeful outcomes.
- Have increased academic achievement through differentiated instruction, compacted curriculum, flexible student grouping, and/or academic planning.