Infinite Campus Parent Portal Acceptable Use and Safety Information
Sun Prairie Area School District uses Infinite Campus for student information management.
InfiniteCampus has developed a portal to allow parents/guardians to view the records of their child(ren) via the internet. The District will provide parents/guardians of currently enrolled students the privilege of free access to the Portal. Only parents or guardians of students enrolled in the district will be allowed access to the Parent Portal. Sun Prairie Area School District reserves the right to deny or cease access to the Portal due to the abuse of the portal, court orders, or any other legal proceedings that limit the availability of private educational data.
Sun Prairie Area School District reserves the right to add or remove any of the above functions from the Portal at any time.
USE OF THE PORTAL
Access to the Portal on the school district’s system is a privilege, not a right. Users of the Portal are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. User will act in a responsible, legal, and ethical manner.
2. User will not attempt to harm or destroy data, the school, or the district network.
3. User will not attempt to access data or any other account owned by another user.
4. User will not use the Portal for any illegal activity, including violation of data privacy laws.
Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may by subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
5. Users who identify a security problem with the Portal must notify the district’s Infinite Campus System Administrator immediately without demonstrating the problem to someone else.
6. Users will not share their password with anyone, including their own children.
7. Users will not set their own computer to automatically log-in to the Portal.
8. Users identified as a security risk to the Portal or the school district network will be denied access to the Portal.
TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE PARENT PORTAL
Technical issues should be directed to the district computer help desk at: Infinite Campus System Administrator
-Windows Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
-Mac OS X and OS 9.2.2
-Internet Browser: Firefox; Internet Explorer 7 or higher
-Adobe Acrobat Reader: minimum version 8
-Modem speed of 56K or higher
DATA INTERPRETATION INSTRUCTIONS
The data you will see in the Portal is extracted from the Infinite Campus Student Information System. Each area of data is updated in real time. Please review the following to become familiar with the Portal data expectations.
AT THE START OF THE SCHOOL YEAR . . .
The beginning of a new school year is a very busy time teachers, secretaries and administrators. Staff will need time update student information and complete scheduling and grading setup. Given this information, the Portal registration process may be delayed beyond the normal one-week registration period. In addition, grading information in the Portal could also be delayed until enrollments are final and staff have had the opportunity to prepare grading formats.
-High School – Absences and status are recorded hour by hour during the day.
-Middle School – Absences and status are recorded hour by hour during the day.
Concerns about the data you find on the portal should be addressed to the secretary or principal in your child’s building.