The Sun Prairie community recently approved a referendum to build two new elementary schools for our district.
- The design of these schools is in progress with a September 2018 opening date.
- The District began the process to determine which students will attend the new schools; a Boundary Task Force was created and the first meeting was on February 15, 2017.
- We need and value parents and community members in this process.
- SPASD's Policy JC and Procedure JC-R guide how this work is completed, but we need and value community input to make recommendations to the School Board.
- Public participation at Board meetings will follow the guidelines within Policy BDDH.
The Charge of the Boundary Task Force (BTF) is to:
- Thoroughly study and review all elementary school attendance zones.
- Develop a final recommendation for the Sun Prairie Area School District Board of Education on the changes in attendance areas for SPASD elementary* schools to accommodate new elementary schools #8 and #9.
- Serve as factual “key communicators” to the Sun Prairie community throughout the boundary process.
*Primary focus of this process is elementary schools, but middle school boundaries will also be reviewed to determine if adjustments are needed.
The next BTF meeting will be held on April 19th:
- Location: Sun Prairie High School Library: 888 Grove St.
- Time: 6:00-8:30 pm
- Public Comments Time: 8:00- 8:30 p.m.