Thank you to our community for recently approving a referendum that will build two new elementary schools for our district!
- The design of these schools is in progress with a September 2018 opening date.
- A Boundary Task Force has been created to gather input and provide a recommendation to the School Board determining which students will attend the new schools. More information can be found on the Boundary Task Force webpage.
- The work of a Visionary Team has begun. The Visionary Team consists of 14 District staff representing Building and Grounds, Support Staff, Secretaries, Technology, Innovation and Assessment, Teachers, Principals, Student Services and Administration. The District is partnering with Eppstein Uhen Architects and Findorff Construction to design the new schools.
What concepts are driving the discussions and design:
- Students are the Vision; student learning is focal
- Flexibility of space to allow for freedom in teaching and learning for the future
- Additional capacity to give the District space and tools to inspire students to learn
- Deliver the project on time and on budget - schools opening September 2018
Work has included:
- Developing a shared understanding of modern learning environments
- Developing goals and drivers for the design of our new elementary schools
- Designing an overall building layout which includes core learning spaces, exploratory spaces, support spaces, administrative spaces, outdoor learning spaces
- Creating and reviewing classroom configurations
- Designing the Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC)
- Determining the site orientation and traffic flow on the properties for both schools
What are the goals of the Staff Visionary Team?
- Ongoing staff engagement throughout the design process. In November over 70 staff members from across the District participated in feedback sessions about the design.
- Staff will be updated with new information along the way.
- Updates to School Board as well as work sessions at critical milestones
- Regular updates will be given to parents and the broader community as the project advances
- Planning is underway for student engagement in the process.
The process includes developing drawings and renderings that provide definition of functional interior and exterior spaces for all project components.
These draft designs were created using the valuable input from our talented staff. Please note that these designs are currently drafts and subject to modifications.
Draft Classroom Concept
Draft Pod Concept
Draft School Concept