Welcome to Sun Prairie Schools!
We are proud to be part of a growing community and excited about the future of our students! Every one of our schools offers quality programs and dedicated staff who focus on each student as an individual learner.
NOTE: All students are placed after Proof of Residency is provided. Failure to provide proof of residency will delay enrollment.
Typically, students are placed according to residence address (per Board Policy, JC, School Attendance Areas). To determine which school is assigned to your residential address, please see the School Attendance Area information.
The Sun Prairie Area School District has class size guidelines which help ensure the best educational programs throughout district schools. Placement of your child(ren) in a particular school will depend on the enrollment numbers and class sizes for your area school.
We also seek to place family members together at the elementary level WHENEVER POSSIBLE. We try to place students where there will be the fewest moves for children during the elementary school years.
Who is eligible to attend?
In accordance with the Sun Prairie Area School District’s Admission Policy, any child who meets the entrance age requirements and resides in the boundaries of the district shall be admitted to school in the district. Those who live outside the Sun Prairie District boundaries may apply for Open Enrollment.
What is needed to enroll online?
The following items are needed to enroll online. Once you have started the enrollment process, you cannot exit without total completion.
1. Proof of Sun Prairie Residency (one of the following):
- Lease Agreement with current address, names of people residing at the address, effective date and all parties signatures.
- Current Utility Bill (within 45 days); gas, electric, cable, or city/village water with name and current address.
- Home Purchase Agreement or Offer to Purchase with the name of buyer and seller, and current address.
We will not accept cell phone contracts, drivers license, or financial documents.
You can submit documentation in one of the following ways:
- Upload during the online enrollment process
- Mail or deliver to: Enrollment Registrar, 501 S. Bird Street, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
- Photographed and email to: email@example.com
2. Proof of Child’s Age (one of the following):
3. Immunization Record (if available):
You can acquire an electronic copy of an immunization record from your medical clinic or the Wisconsin Immunization Registry at: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/immunization/wir.htm
4. Contact Information:
- Household Information - address and phone numbers
- Parent/Guardian Information - work and cell phone numbers, and email addresses
- Student Information - health, medication information
- Emergency Contact Infomation - names and phone numbers
6. Read the appropriate school handbook (Links are to the right)
7. Enrolling in 4 Year Old Kindergarten? Click here for more information.
8. Complete Free or Reduced Lunch Application if income eligible. Click here for more information.
9. Complete the Online Enrollment Form (could take 25 minutes to complete)