We recognize and build upon the rich cultural heritage, knowledge and lived experiences that our students and families bring to the community.
We value and embrace diversity of languages, learning styles, learning rates, types of intelligence and accommodate ways of understanding.
We aim to promote a challenging curriculum, using our district mission, by focusing on the following:
- Movement towards mastery of content standards
- Education and dialogue with school community about effective pedagogy in academic language acquisition
- Equal educational access within cooperative learning groups
- Critical and creative thinking in students who can compete academically
- Independent learning
- Effective communication with parents