The Sun Prairie Area School Board relies on its teachers, staff, and administrators to resolve concerns or complaints of citizens.The revised policy encourages a resolution to the concern to happen first at the level most directly involved and in an informal manner, whenever possible.
See School Board Policy BDDI
See Procedure BDDI-R
There are certain exceptions to the above policy and procedure. Please see below for more information.
Exceptions to the Levels of Review:
Concerns related specifically to the following issues or programs have separate procedures for resolving complaints:
1. Employee Discrimination and Harassment (Policy GB & Procedure GBA-R)
2. Student Discrimination and Harassment ( Policy JB & Procedure JB-R)
3. Special Education (Policy IGBA & IDEA Regulations)
4. Entrance Age (Policy JEB/Procedures JEB-R(1) & JEB-R(2)
5. Complaints About Learning Materials and the Curriculum (Policy KLB & Procedure KLB-R)
6. The Extra-Curricular Rules and Regulations (Extra-Curricular Rules and Regulations Handbook and WIAA Regulations)
7. Promotion Criteria For Grades 3-8 (Policy IKE)